When I started using my Instant Pot, the first thing I wanted to do was convert all of my recipes into Instant Pot recipes. I had no idea how amazing this machine was and how easy it was going to be to convert recipes. One of my favorite Slow Cooker recipes is Garlic Paprika Pork Chops with russet and sweet potatoes. I found the original recipe, “Slow Cooker Pork Chops II”, on Allrecipes.com and changed it a bit to my preference.
4 Thick Cut Pork Chops
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Cup Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
2 tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Medium Russet Potatoes
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- Turn IP on Saute and sear both sides of each pork chop.
2. Once seared, turn IP off and add cubed potatoes to the pot.
3. In a medium bowl mix together olive oil, chicken broth, garlic and all spices.
4. Season potatoes with salt and pepper then dump sauce into IP.
5. Secure top on IP and make sure the vent is turned to Sealing.
6. Set IP to Manual, High Pressure for 8 minutes. When the timer goes off, release the steam valve to vent and carefully open the lid.
Everything was cooked perfectly and the flavors were on point. Much tastier than when it was made in the slow cooker. Enjoy!